Information & Services
To obtain a library card, please bring a valid (non-expired with current address) form of identification with you:
- Indiana Driver’s License
- Indiana State Identification Card
- US or other Government Issued Identification (ex. passport, military ID, permanent resident card issued by Department of Homeland Security or Immigration Services)
- Identification issued by another state (ex. Driver’s license)
- Current university or college identification
If your identification does not indicate your current address, you will also need to present one item from the following list to establish residency in Hartford City or Jackson, Licking, or Washington Townships of Blackford County:
- Voter registration card
- Utility or other bill issued to applicant’s name in the last 30 days and showing full address of residence
- Apartment lease signed within the last 30 days
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name
If you are under 18, you must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian with his/her photo ID.
For further assistance with obtaining a card, please call the library staff at 765-348-1720.
- You may check out a combination of 15 books, 5 magazines, 5 movies, and/or 5 audiobooks at one time.
- Movies may only be checked out by patrons over the age of 18.
- Most films are available as DVDs; only a handful of Blu-rays are in the collection.
- Late fees are $0.25 per day per item for overdue library materials.
- 1 Children’s tablet is available for check out by patrons over the age of 18 in the children’s department.
- Passes available for checkout:
- Minnetrista (2)
- Muncie Children’s Museum
- Indiana State Museum (2)
- Wifi Hotspots are available for circulation. ($20 refundable deposit required.)
- 8 public computers (printing is $0.20 per page, black and white only)
- Free wireless internet is available in the library (no password required)
- Library staff can scan paper documents into a digital format for you.
Copy & Laminating Services
- A copy machine is available to the public. Copies are $0.20 per sheet for one-sided copies, and $0.30 per sheet for double-sided copies.
- Laminating service is available with at least 1 hour prior notice. The cost is $1.00 per foot of laminating material.
Hartford City News-Times Archives
The library has an ST ViewScan Microfilm Reader that will let you print, save, and/or email copies of the microfilm.
We have the following dates on microfilm:
- Hartford City Evening News: 5 FEB 1894 – APR 1958
- Hartford City News Times: APR 1958 – 2010
Newspapers from 2011 to current are available in paper format. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
Becky Musser Meeting Room
The meeting room is only available the hours the library is open. The application is available for download below. You may fax the completed form to 1-844-273-6458 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, but you must call to verify availability on specific dates. The meeting room is NOT available during the day on Wednesdays due to storytimes.