Last updated: 03/23/2020 by Michele Risinger, Library Director
Stay-at-home order from Governor of Indiana:
The basics of Coronavirus and Covid-19:
How it spreads:
- Watch the Mythbusters demonstrate how germs in general spread: https://youtu.be/k1j8bh8_O_Q & https://youtu.be/0f4sUNWkq60
How it is different from the average flu:
“If you are irresponsible enough to think that you don’t mind if you get the flu, remember it’s not about you – it’s about everybody else.”
Intensive care specialist Professor Hugh Montgomery explains why this coronavirus is different from the ordinary flu. pic.twitter.com/h9sQorHQUv
— Channel 4 Dispatches (@C4Dispatches) March 22, 2020
How many beds are there at local hospitals?
- IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital: 379 beds, 36 ICU beds
- IU Health Jay County Hospital: 25 beds, 0 ICU beds.
- IU Health Blackford County Hospital: 15 beds, 0 ICU beds.
- St. Vincent Randolph Hospital: 25 beds, N/A ICU beds.
- Henry County Memorial Hospital: 99 beds, 10 ICU beds